Since I've been loving XMonad for the past several months on a 2-up desktop and a 1-up laptop, here's the obligatory personal XMonad configuration post:
- This started from the vanilla, session-manager-aware Fedora XMonad configuration.
- The Windows key is the modifier.
- The default
mod-p, interferes with some monitor-swapping hotkey on Ubuntu. Hence the second keymapping.
- Toggling maximization in one keypress has been handy.
- I like the mod+arrow combinations better than the suggested CycleWS ones. Rather than moving through a bunch of empty workspaces, these permit you to just move through workspaces with windows and to get a clean workspace with a single keypress. Much thanks to Marshall Lochbaum and Brandon Allbery for chiming in on the XMonad mailing list with the
- The prev/next screen items permit throwing windows back and forth when 2-up.
- I find the
REFLECTXbinding handy when 2-up to push the non-main chat window off to the leftmost monitor position.
simpleTabbedis additionally available as a layout option.
- New windows spawn outside the master pane with the master window keeping focus.
Please drop a comment if you happen to find anything useful or want to contribute a tweak.