Instead of my usual my thesis work, I'll be looking at RANS turbulence models/numerics for Rayleigh-Taylor problems. As preparation, over the past couple of months, I've been spending some time staring at conservation law numerics classics like LeVeque's book as well as lecture notes from Caltech's AE 232 course. On the odd chance it is useful to anyone, I've put my toy code up at http://github.com/RhysU/codefour.
It is based heavily on one provided through Caltech's AE 232 course. Compared to the course's code, the following changes have been made:
- Adding 3rd-order WENO reconstruction
- Adding 2nd and 4th order viscous capabilities
- Adding HDF5-based result output
- Adding Doxygen-based documentation
- Adding Mathematica-based error analysis against Hopf-Cole-based analytic solutions of the viscid Burger's equation